Colin is coming off back-to-back sub .500 Blazin’ 5’s, but still sits at 35-28-2 on the season and is ready to get back to stacking winners and cash in Week 14. He may have cooled off a little, but Uncle Colin is ready to crush it and finish strong through the tape to end the year.
Here are his Week 14 Blazin’ 5 plays:
- Patriots at Dolphins (+7.5) – There’s no bigger admirer of Brady and the Patriots than Colin, but he loves the Dolphins as 7.5 point home dogs against New England. The Pats have dropped 4 out of their last 5 in Miami, and since 2013 are averaging an uncharacteristic 21.0 PPG, while allowing 23.6 PPG when taking their talents to South Beach. Tom Brady’s passer rating in those games is an un-Brady-like 82.1.
This season New England is just 3-3 on the road (6-0 at home), and will face a Dolphins D with 11 takeaways over the last 4 games (3rd-most in NFL). The Patriots D only has 19 sacks this season (T-2nd fewest in NFL) so Ryan Tannehill won’t have to worry about pressure. The Pats get the win, but the Dolphins cover, 27-23.
2. Falcons at Packers (-4.5) – Colin has been hard on Aaron Rodgers this season, but loves him leading the Pack as 4.5 point home favorites in a “show me” game at home against the equally struggling Falcons. Rodgers has torn up Atlanta throughout his career, averaging 327.8 YPG, with 21 TD’s, only 3 INT’s, a Passer Rating of 112.9, while completing 69.6% of his passes, and should demolish an injury ravaged Falcons D in his first game since Mike McCarthy’s firing.
Atlanta has lost 4 straight and aren’t nearly as motivated as Rodgers and Green Bay looking to change the narrative after getting their coach canned. Green Bay wins and covers, 32-22.
3. Broncos at Niners (+5) – Give Colin the Niners getting 5 at home against a Broncos squad that’s only 3-3 on the road this season, and is set up for a let down game after winning 3 straight. San Francisco is bad, but they’ve been better at home. They’re 2-3 at Levi’s Stadium (0-7 road), averaging 23.0 PPG (20.0 PPG – road), 142.2 Rush YPG (119.9 Rush YPG – road), and converting 45.3% of their 3rd Downs (33.3% – road).
The Broncos’ 35% 3rd down conversion rate ranks 27th in the NFL, and losing their leading receiver Emmanuel Sanders for the year with a torn Achilles doesn’t help their attack. The Broncos sneak away with a win, but the Niners cover, 24-23.
4. Eagles (+3.5) at Cowboys – The Cowboys are hot, but Colin is rolling with the Eagles getting 3.5 on the road in Jerry’s World. Carson Wentz is finally starting to look like pre-injury Carson Wentz, and is 7-1 against the NFC East over last 2 seasons, throwing for 262.4 Pass YPG with 17 TD’s, only 4 INT’s and a Passer Rating of 106.2.
Philly has won back-to-back games for the first time this season, and is averaging 26.5 PPG over the last 2 weeks. Their 436 total yards in Week 13 win against Washington was a season high. Dak Prescott has been sacked a league-high 45 times this season and should be under pressure from Philly’s defensive front. Dallas has won 4 straight after a 3-5 start, but all 4 wins have been by 8 or fewer. This pick is all about the number. The Cowboys win a close one, but Philly covers with the points, 26-24.
5. Rams at Bears (+3) SNF – The Rams have been one of the NFL’s best teams all year, but Colin likes the Bears as 3 point home dogs in a bone chillingly cold Sunday Night Game at Soldier Field where they’re 5-1 on the year. The Rams’ second ranked scoring offense (T-2nd with NO at 34.9 PPG) will be less prolific in the weather facing Khalil Mack and the Bears’ 4th ranked scoring D (20.1 PPG Allowed). Chicago’s defense also ranks 2nd in Rush YPG Allowed (85.8), and 1st in takeaways (30).
Jared Goff is coming off his first back-to-back multiple turnover games of the season, and should have issues dealing with the elements and the Bears pressure. Chicago covers and wins this one outright, 27-26.
Make sure you download and subscribe to Colin’s Blazin’ 5 Podcast with RJ Bell at TheHerdNow.com,iHeart Radio, Google Play, or iTunes to find out what the wiseguys say about his Week 9 picks. Don’t miss it!
Blazin’ 5 is 35-28-2 through Week 13@ColinCowherd makes his Week 14 picks pic.twitter.com/ob9YVpPrIP
— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) December 7, 2018