Colin took a Turkey Day pounding with his Week 12 Blazin’ 5 picks, going 1-4 for his first losing week of the year – and dropping him to 33-25-2 on the season – but he’s ready to make it rain in Week 13 with one of his favorite slates of games of the year.
Here are Colin’s Week 13 Blazin’ 5 plays:
- Browns at Texans (-6) – Colin likes the Texans as 6-point home favorites against Baker Mayfield and the upstart Browns who are 1-4 on the road this year. Houston is the first team in NFL history to win 8-straight after an 0-3 start and are averaging 26.8 PPG, while only allowing 18.5 PPG with a +6 turnover differential during their streak. Their 4th ranked rushing offense (136.5 Rush YPG) should run it all over the Browns 28th ranked rush D (132.0 YPG allowed). Cleveland’s defense has also allowed the most big plays (10+ yard run, 20+ yard pass) of any team in the league (94).
Baker has lit up sub par defenses (Chiefs, Falcons and Bengals) over the last three weeks, but J.J. Watt has at least 1 sack in 4 straight games (T-2nd in NFL with 11.5 sacks) and should make Baker uncomfortable, along with Jadeveon Clowney. Texans win and cover here, 27-17.
2. Bears at Giants (+4.5) – Colin is taking the Giants as 4.5-point home dogs against the Bears with backup Chase Daniel getting the start for the second straight week (4th career start) for the injured Mitchell Trubisky. The Giants have bounced back after a brutal start to the year by winning 2 of their last 3 games with their only loss coming on a last second field goal to the Eagles, last week. Also, each of New York’s last 5 games have been decided by 7 or fewer points.
Offensively, Saquon Barkley leads the NFL with 10 games of 100+ scrimmage yards this season, and should be able to keep the clock moving and shorten the game significantly. Chicago gets the win, but the Giants cover, 21-20.
3. Jags at Colts (-4) – Colin is all-aboard the Andrew Luck comeback train and will take Indy as 4-point home favorites over the struggling Jags. Red-hot Indy enters the game on a 5-game winning streak, while Jacksonville comes in having lost 7 in a row. After a 1-5 start, the Colts are averaging 34.6 PPG, while allowing only 18.6 PPG with a +6 turnover differential during their 5-game win streak. Andrew Luck has thrown at least 3 TD passes in 8 straight games (T-2nd longest streak in NFL history), and Indy is converting a league high 50.7% on 3rd down.
Cody Kessler will make his first start since 2016 (0-8 in career as starter with Browns) for Jacksonville. Fournette had surpassed 100+ scrimmage yards in each of last 3 games, but is suspended for his role in a fight against the Bills. The Colts are hot, the Jags are not. Indy wins and covers the 4, 30-20.
4. Ravens at Falcons (-1) – Colin is rolling with the Falcons laying a point at home against the Ravens in Lamar Jackson’s first career road start. Atlanta has been Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde at home versus on the road this season. They’re 3-3 at home (1-4 on the road), averaging 30.0 PPG, (20.0 PPG road), 423.0 Total YPG (372.4 road), and converting 56.0% of their third downs (42.3% road) in the A-T-L.
Matt Ryan leads NFL in passing yards this season (3,683) and will move the ball at will against a Baltimore D that has only managed 8 takeaways this season (T-2nd fewest in NFL). Falcons get the win and cover the 1, 28-23.
5. Vikings (+5) at Patriots – Give Colin Kirk cousins and the Vikings D as 5-point dogs on the road in Foxboro against the Pats. Mike Zimmer’s defense ranks 1st in 3rd Down % allowed (27.6) and Red Zone TD % Allowed (43). They’re also only allowing 314.7 YPG (3rd NFL) and have racked up 36 Sacks (T-3rd).
Captain Kirk is coming off an impressive 342 yard, 3 TD, 0 INT performance against the Packers, last week, and should have another big game against a New England pass defense that’s allowing 270 Pass YPG (25th in NFL) to opposing QB’s. Adam Thielen leads the NFL in receptions (93) and also looks to be in line for another big game. The Patriots only have 17 Sacks on the season (3rd fewest NFL), so Cousins should have all day to pick Belichick apart. Pats win, but Minnesota covers, 30-28.
Make sure you download and subscribe to Colin’s Blazin’ 5 Podcast with RJ Bell at TheHerdNow.com,iHeart Radio, Google Play, or iTunes to find out what the wiseguys say about his Week 9 picks. Don’t miss it!
Blazin’ 5 is 33-25-2 through Week 12@ColinCowherd makes his Week 13 picks pic.twitter.com/h3o3yMgok4
— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) November 30, 2018