Colin is coming off his first losing weekend of the NFL season like a wounded mongoose ready to strike back. Even after a 2-3 Week 6, he’s still sitting at a respectable 17-12-1 on the season as he goes on the attack for Week 7. Forget about the Powerball, Colin has you covered with this week’s picks.
Here are Colin’s Week 7 Blazin’ 5 plays:
- Panthers (+4.5) at Eagles – The Eagles have looked better with Carson Wentz back, but Carolina getting 4.5 is too many points for Colin to pass up. The Panthers have a legit defense, and a solid rushing attack that ranks 4th in Rush YPG (139.4), and 6th in Yards/Rush (5.0).
Cam Newton has 2+ TD passes in four straight games under new coordinator Norv Turner (t-longest career streak), and should be effective against a 23rd ranked Philly pass defense that’s giving up 273.0 YPG to opposing QB’s. Take Carolina, the healthy 4.5, and outright. 27-26, Panthers.
2. Bills at Colts (-7.5) – Colin hates taking big favorites, but thinks Andrew Luck and the Colts can cover 7.5 against the death spiraling Bills. The Colts are tied for 3rd in the league in sacks (19), and should be able to harass off the street 35-year-old journeyman Derek Anderson in his first NFL start since 2016.
Anderson will lead an inept Bills offense that ranks last in PPG (12.7), Pass YPG (123.0), and Yards/Play (3.7), and 31st in Total YPG (225.5), and 3rd Down Conversion % (27.9). Indy is bad, but the Bills are a whole lot worse. Take Indy, lay the 7.5. Colts in a blowout, 33-10.
3. Saints at Ravens (-2.5) – Colin loves the Ravens giving up 2.5 at home against the Saints in a matchup of the #1 offense vs. #1 defense in the NFL. Drew Brees could struggle away from the dome against a Baltimore D that ranks 1st in PPG Allowed (12.8), Total YPG Allowed (270.8), Yards/Play Allowed (4.4), and Sacks (26).
Joe Flacco and the Ravens improved offense ranks 3rd in the league in 3rd Down Conversion % (47) and as a team Baltimore has a +76 point differential (2nd NFL). Baltimore covers the 2.5 point cover. 28-24, Ravens.
4. Cowboys at Redskins (-1.5) – Give Colin Washington, laying 1.5 at home against Dak and Dallas for the NFC East lead through 7 weeks. Dallas just blew the doors off the Jags at home, but they’ve been a nightmare on the road. The Boys are undefeated (3-0) at home, but have yet to win away from Jerra’s World (0-3). They also average fewer points (28.7 home vs. 12.3 away), allow more points (14.7 home vs. 19.7 road), and have a worse turnover differential (+3 home vs. -3 away).
Alex Smith and Washington only have 5 giveaways on the season (t-2nd fewest NFL), so they won’t “kick themselves in the foot” and give Dallas hope. Take the Redskins, lay the 1.5. 28-20, Washington.
5. Giants (+5.5) at Falcons – The Giants looked completely incompetent in Week 6, but Colin likes them as a 5.5 road dog against the Falcons. Atlanta’s decimated defense ranks last in 3rd Down % allowed (56.2) and TD’s Allowed (24), 31st in PPG Allowed (32.0), and 30th in Total YPG Allowed (417.2).
Eli has been a train wreck for New York this season, but Saquon Barkley is the 2nd player in NFL history with 100+ scrimmage yards in each of his first 6 career games (Kareem Hunt had 7 straight such games last season), and leads all running backs with 40 receptions. He should be a matchup nightmare for a Falcon defense that has allowed a league-high 53 running back receptions. The Giants are a mess, but they win and cover on the road here, 24-23.
Blazin’ 5 is 17-12-1 through Week 6 @ColinCowherd makes his Week 7 picks pic.twitter.com/KVvlV56Rt3
— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) October 19, 2018